"Col cuore e con l'ingegno"
The 33rd EW Regiment originated from the IRG Company constituted in 1956 for the 10th Signals Battalion in Rome. In October 1958 a detachment of the company was constituted in Arzene (PN) for the interception and radiogoniometer in HF gamma.
In 1959 the company passed at the dependencies of the 9th Signals Battalion located in Rome; two years later the detachment passed at the dependencies of the 32nd Signals Battalion. On 19th December 1969 the detachment was located at the "San Marco" Barracks in Conegliano (TV) and on 1st September 1970 became independent as War Electronic Mixed Company.
On 5th February 1975 the company, named 2nd Mixed Company, with the 1st ESM Company created the 33rd "Falzarego" Electronic War Battalion, at the dependencies of the 5th Territorial Military Command of the North-Eastern Military Region.
On 21st March 1976 the Battalion received the War Flag. On 1st March 1979 the Battalion passed at the dependencies of the Signals Command of the 5th Army Corps.
In 1991 the Battalion was located in Treviso. On 1st January 1996 the Battalion passed at the dependencies of the Command for the Information and the Electronic Defence of the Army, renamed C4-IEW of FOTER in September 1999.
On 1st November 1998 the Battalion assumed the new name of 33rd "Falzarego" IEW Battalion. On 28th October 2002 the Unit became a Regiment and named 33rd EW Regiment, with the "Falzarego" Battalion at its dependencies. Today the Regiment depends on the RISTA-EW Brigade.