"Credo e vinco"
On 1st November 1884 the "Torino" Brigade was constituted with its 81st and 82nd Infantry Regiments.
The Regiment provided personnel for the campaign of Eritrea (1895-1896) and participated in the campaign of Libya (1911-1913), deserving a Silver Medal to the Military Valour.
At the outbreak of the First World War it fought in Col di Lana, Volkowniak, Capo Sile, Piave Vecchio, Piave Nuovo, Stenico and Val Giudicarie. It was decorated with the Military Order of Italy and the second Silver Medal to the Military Valour.
On 31st October 1926 it was dissolved.
Reconstituted on 1st July 1938 as 82nd "Torino" Infantry Regiment, it entered the first great unit including the 81st Infantry and 52nd Artillery Regiments; in 1939 it was changed into 52nd "Torino" Infantry Division. It participated in the campaign on the western front and in that of Yugoslavia.
Left for Russia in 1941, it followed the feat of the Expedition Corps and the Italian Army in Russia; after its return to Italy the Division was dissolved in February 1943. For its excellent behavior the Regiment deserved a Golden Medal and a Silver Medal to the Military Valour. Reconstituted in June 1943 from the 256th Infantry, for redenomination of the units and the "Veneto" Division Command; in September 1943 it was dissolved again.
On 1st September 1950 the Regiment was reconstituted in Forlì for the "Trieste" Infantry Division. Employed in the "T" Group constituted on the occasion of the restitution of Trieste to Italy in 1954, when the Group was dissolved it passed to the "Folgore" Infantry Division and it settled in Trieste at first and in Gorizia later.
After the reorganization in 1975, it was dissolved on 19th October 1975 to form with the 183rd "Nembo" the "Gorizia" Mechanized Brigade of the "Folgore" Mechanized Division; later the Division was dissolved followed by the Brigade on 30th October 1996.
On 3rd September 1992 the Battalion was included in the reconstituted 82nd "Torino" Infantry Regiment at the dependencies of the "Mantova" Brigade and then of the "Ariete" Armoured Brigade.
Since 5th November 2011 the Regiment depends on the "Pinerolo" Mechanized Brigade and it is located in Barletta (BA) since 17th December 2001.