On 1st July 1860 seven batteries of the Artillery Corps, together with a Tuscany battery and three Emilian batteries, constituted the 8th Campaign Artillery Regiment. The 2nd Battery had deserved the Bronze Medal in the siege of Peschiera in 1848.
The Regiment participated in the battles in Marche, Umbria and the southern regions for the unification of Italy; in Mola di Gaeta the 6th Battery gained another Bronze Medal. It continued the glorious way through the history of the Nation: Ponte di Versa in 1866, Porta San Pancrazio in Rome in 1870, the Great War with the sacrifice of the 1st Group in San Daniele del Friuli, the resistance on Piave and the Tricolor victory from Vittorio Veneto to Postumia.
The exaltation of the military virtues of the 8th Campaign Artillery Regiment arrived with the Second World War when it deserved a Silver Medal and a Golden Medal in the Campaign of Russia: the first one during the offensive of the Regiment with the "Pasubio" Division (from August 1941 to May 1942) for more than 1,000 km on the enemy territory up to Don; the second one in the defensive battle on Don (from 1st December 1942 to 15th January 1943) where the Regiment was destroyed but saved the Flag thanks to the last cannon pulled for 280 km.
Reconstituted in Livorno in 1947 as "Campaign Artillery Regiment" for the "Friuli" Division, in 1960 it passed at the dependencies of the 5th Army Corps. In 1964 it was included in the "Pozzuolo del Friuli" Cavalry Brigade.
On 1st October 1975, after a reorganization of the Army, it was dissolved creating two twin units: the 8th "Pasubio" self-propelled campaign artillery Group, located in Banne (TS), and the 120th "Po" self-propelled campaign artillery group, located in Palmanova (UD).
In 1976 it participated in the rescue operations in favour of the populations in Friuli hit by the earthquake on 6th May. On that occasion the Flag was decorated with the Bronze Medal to the Army Valour.
On 18th September 1992 it was moved from Trieste to Udine. On 30th September 2001, by Legislative Decree 214/00, it was dissolved and then reconstituted on 1st October at the dependencies of the "Garibaldi" Brigade, with the headquarters in Persano (SA) and personnel and materials of the dissolved 11th "Teramo" Land Artillery Regiment, inheriting its Flag and traditions.
Its volunteers distinguished in missions with the police forces on the national territory ("Sicilian Vespers", "Riace", "Partenope" and "Domino") but also in missions outside the national borders (IFOR-SFOR in Bosnia Herzegovina, from 1996 to 1999; Macedonia in 1999; KFOR in Kosovo, in 1999 and 2000). Since November 2001 the 8th "Pasubio" Land Artillery Regiment participated in the following missions abroad:
- KOSOVO (KFOR), from 16th November 2001 to 27th March 2002;
- AFGHANISTAN (ISAF), as ITALFOR KABUL Command from 13th January to 11th May 2003 and from 21st February to 20th June 2005 and as PROVINCIAL RECONSTRUCTION TEAM of HERAT from 3rd April to 15th September 2012;
- LEBANON (LEONTE) as Force Protection Unit, from 4th June to 8th December 2008 (NAQOURA) and as component of ITALBATT 1 (MARAKA) from 2nd May to 12th November 2010.
On the national territory, the Regiment was employed with the police forces on the framework of the folliwing operations:
- "SICILIAN VESPERS" from October to December 1992, from July to September 1993, from September to November 1994 and from January to April 1994;
- "DOMINO" in Naples, from November 2001 to february 2002;
- "CLEAN STREETS" in Campania, from June to August 2008, from October 2008 to January 2009 and from July to December 2009;
- "SAFE STREETS", from February 2009, in Naples, Caserta and Rome.
On the framework of the missions in Kosovo, Afghanistan and Lebanon, for its innumerable activities of civil and military cooperation with the Local Command of the Italian Red Cross of Serre (SA), on 10th October 2008 the Regiment was decorated with the Bronze Medal to the Merit of the Italian Red Cross. The Regiment has also got the Honorary Citizenship of the Municipalities of Valli del Pasubio (VI) and Posina (VI).