"Temprato il cuore più del nostro acciaio"
The 11th Field Heavy Artillery Regiment was constituted on 1st August 1920 in Acqui, with four groups and a deposit and also the personnel of the 23rd Campaign Artillery Regiment. Dissolved on 30th November 1926, it was reconstituted on 10th November 1939 in Cormons, as 11th Army Corps Artillery Regiment organized in a command, a command unit and a deposit; it depended on the 11th Army Corps of Udine. During the Second World War the deposit of the Regiment constituted and mobilized many units. On 1st February 1940 the 11th Group was formed and it participated in the operations on the Russian front, where it deserved a Silver Medal to the Military Valour. The unit was reconstituting when its survivors came back home in March 1943; but after the armistice on 8th September it was dissolved with the deposit.
After the armistice, the 11th "Teramo" Field Heavy Artillery Regiment was constituted on 1st October 1976 in Persano (SA); with the 3rd Group of the dissolved 9th Field Heavy Artillery Regiment it received the traditions and the Flag of the 11th Regiment. On 6th December 1981 the Group passed at the dependencies of the "Pinerolo" Mechanized Brigade with the name of 11th "Teramo" Campaign Artillery Group. With the reorganization of the Armed Force, on 10th September 1992 the Group lost its dependencies and was incorporated in the 11th "Teramo" Self-propelled Campaign Artillery Regiment constituted in Persano.
When the "Garibaldi" Bersaglieri Brigade was moved from Pordenone to Caserta, it left the "Pinerolo" Brigade to enter the "Garibaldi" Brigade as "professionalized" regiment. It was the first Italian artillery unit to be employed after the Second World War in an Albanian mission. It has participated in all the missions, in Italy and abroad, that have involved the "Garibaldi" Brigade.
The War Flag was decorated with a Silver Medal to the Military Valour and a Bronze Medal to the Army Valour.
In October 2001 it changed its name becoming the 8th "Pasubio", maintaining the headquarters in Persano.