The Army National Administrative Centre (CNA) is an autonomous authority with a Brigadier General of the Administrative Corps as a Commander; it has been instituted to ensure the compensation , the tax advice and the matriculation of the Italian Army personnel. It is at the dependencies of the Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Army.
Moreover the Centre represents the reference authority to which the Administrative Revenue Centres give the accounting every month.
Its headquarter is in Rome at the "Betti" and "Medici" Barracks but it has also got sub-offices in Turin, Padua, Florence, Naples, Palermo and Cagliari.
The Salary Unique Centre includes a Director, a Deputy Director and five Offices with the following configuration:
DIRECTOR:He has got command, coordination and control functions of all the authority’s activities, according to the Legislative Decree of 15th March 2010 n. 66 and the Decree by the President of the Republic of 15th March 2019 n. 90. At his dependencies there are the under-mentioned organizational units:
- Public Relations Office and Tax Advice;
- Human Resources Office and General Affairs;
- Administrative Office.
- he oversees the organization and the operation of the Authority by employing the resources at his disposal (personnel, materials, vehicles and funds);
- he is the Commander at the headquarter of the "R.Betti" and "G. Medici" Barracks in Rome;
- he is the Employer and he avails of the Head of the Prevention and Protection Service for the observance of rules, according to the legislative Decree of 9th April 2008 n. 81;
- he authorizes and approves the contracts stipulated by the Head of Administrative Service; he also authorizes the execution of economic spending.
He helps the Director in the institutional activities in order to reach the Authority's goals and he substitutes him in case of temporary absence. In particular he oversees the activities of the economic compensation, ensuring a functional continuity.
At his dependencies there are the under-mentioned organizational units:
- Activities Economic Compensation Office;
- Retirement Economic Compensation Office.
- he signs the decrees for the Activities Economic Compensation of the Army Commissioned Officers (except for Generals) as well as those for the Non-Commissioned Officers and Troop;
- he signs the decrees for the Economic Compensation of military personnel in auxiliary;
- he signs the decrees of the retirements for the civil personnel in service at the Authorities, Detachments and Units of the Armed Force.