The Engineer Command was constituted on 10th September 2010 after the merger of the Engineer School and the Engineer Brigade in Udine.
It carries out operational functions, through the three specialized regiments (pioneers, railway pioneers and sappers) and the Multinational CIMIC Group, but also training functions for the Engineer Corps personnel through the Training Regiment and the National Counter-IED Excellence Centre. It participates with its personnel and vehicles in all operations and missions carried out by the Operational Land Forces, on the national territory but also abroad.
The Command guards the War Flag of the Engineer Corps, awarded with a Military Order of Italy, a Gold Medal to the Military Valour, two Gold Medals to the Army Valour, a Silver Medal to the Military Valour, a Bronze Medal to the Military Valour, a Gold Medal to the Civil Valour, a Gold Medal to the Civil Merit and a Bronze Medal to the Merit.
The celebration of the Command is on 24th June, anniversary of the Battle of Piave (1918).
Since the 1st January 2013 is at the dependencies of the Operational Land Forces Command.
123, Viale dell'Esercito – 00143 Rome
Tel: 06 50236076 – 06 50237873