"Col ferro e col fuoco contro il nemico"
The 7th Artillery Regiment was constituted on 17th June 1860 in Modena with the merge of the twelve batteries of Piedmont, Tuscany and Emilia. It participated in the 3rd War of Independence in 1870 and it was part of the expedition Corps for the conquest of Rome, fighting at Porta Pia. During the 1st World War the Regiment was employed on Carso (in Tolmino), on Sabotino (in Gorizia), on Vodice, on Grappa, on Montebello and in V. Veneto.
It participated in the campaign of Ethiopia where it earned the War Cross to the Military Valour.
In the 2nd World War it was employed on the French front and later in Corsica. After 8th September 1943 it participated in the war of Liberation, included in the "Cremona" combat group, where it earned the Bronze Medal to the Military Valour. On 26th June 1945 it was definitely moved to Piedmont.
On 30th October 1975, after the reorganization of the Army, the Regiment became 7th "Adria" campaign artillery group included in the "Cremona" Motorized Brigade. On 21st September 1995, after a new reorganization of the Army, the 7th Regiment was moved to Civitavecchia at the "Piave" barracks, in the "Grenadiers of Sardinia" Mechanized Brigade.
On 1st December 1997, substituted by the 33rd Regiment of the "Acqui" Brigade, the Regiment left the "Grenadiers of Sardinia" Brigade and became part of the Artillery Group.
On 31st December 1998 the Unit was reorganized in the 7th "Cremona" NBC Defence Regiment.
The personnel of the Regiment has served in Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia, Afghanistan and Iraq.