The Artillery Command was constituted on 1st October 2010 in Bracciano (Rome) after the suppression of the Artillery Brigade Command in Portogruaro (VE) and the Artillery School in Bracciano (Rome).
The Command carries out training activities through the training regiment as well as operational activities through three artillery regiments, one for the NBC defence and another one for the operational communication.
It is part of the Supports Command of the Operational Land Forces, with its units deployed in Piemonte, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Marche and Lazio.
The Command guards the War Flag of the Artillery Corps, awarded with a Military Order of Italy, three Gold Medals, a Silver Medal and a Bronze Medal to the Military Valour.
The celebration of the Command is on 15th June, anniversary of the Solstizio Battle (1918).
Since 1st January 2013 it is at the dependencies of the Operational Land Forces Command.