"Ardeam dum luceam"
On 1st March 1860 the 28th Infantry Regiment (Pavia Brigade) was constituted and with the 27th it formed the new brigade from which it takes the name. It 1871 it was renamed 28th "Pavia" Infantry Regiment and in 1881 28th Infantry Regiment (Pavia Brigade).
Organized in three battalions, it participated in the First World War and, along with the Pavia Brigade, it was one of the first units to enter Gorizia. It received a Silver Medal to the Military Valour for the operational period July 1915 – August 1916.
After the reorganization in 1926 it was named 28th "Pavia" Infantry Regiment and it was assigned to the 17th Infantry Brigade and in 1939 it became part of the 17th "Pavia" Infantry Division. In Northern Africa the great Unit distinguished in the battle of Tobruk and, after having become part of the 10th Army Corps, it participated in the battle of El Alamein with the "Folgore", including its battalion in the defensive disposal of the Paratroopers Division. The "Pavia" Division was dissolved in November 1942 in Northern Africa.
Reconstituted on 1st July 1958 as 28th "Pavia" Infantry Regiment (CAR), substituting the 6th CAR, it was dissolved again on 15th November 1975 but the 28th "Pavia" Infantry Battalion remained, inheriting Flag and regiment traditions.
With the reorganization of the Army, it became a Regiment on 17th September 1991 and on 7th January 1993 it assumed the name of 28th "Pavia" Regiment, maintaining it also after the transformation into a unit specialized in the operational communication.