Constituted by order of the General Staff of the Army in 1991 and dedicated to “Senior Corporal Giandomenico Pistonami” (Kabul 2009), represents one of the basic instruments in support to the education of the attenders of the courses at the Non-Commissioned Officers School of the Army.
According to the regulations, “the military libraries aim to collect and preserve the main volumes of interest for the Armed Forces, guaranteeing their consultation”.
The book and document heritage of the Library include historical, military, geopolitical, literary, juridical, economical, sociological and scientific subjects. Moreover, in the “Rarities” section (books and documents published until 1945) there is a collection of hundreds of documents of the Reign of Italy, among which a series of authentic Royal Decrees (dating back to the second half of the 19th century) and historical documents concerning the first Commander of the NCO School in Caserta, Major General Giovanni Battista Enrico Rebagliati (1889).
The assistance is guaranteed by military and civil personnel that provides for welcoming and orientation, giving specific consultation on the use of catalogues and works.
The Library has got a room for the welcoming and the relations with the public, a reading room, a room for cultural meeting, a video-projection room, the management office and a laboratory for the first interventions of renovation and binding.
A reality in constant development in terms of book heritage, on the organizational and management level it is characterized by a continuous research of synergies with institutional organizations in order to guarantee a better service.