"Maiora viribus audere"
On 31st December the Bersaglieri Command of the 3rd Army Corps, constituted by the R.Decree of 24th January 1861, was named 3rd Bersaglieri Regiment with administrative and disciplinary duties.
Since 1st January 1871 the unit assumed the operational aspect with the 18th, 20th, 25th, 38th, Battalions; since 1st October 1910 it had also the 3rd Cyclists Battalion dissolved later in November 1919.
In July 1924 all the Regiment was transformed into a cyclists unit until 1936. In 1926 it was formed on a command, 18th and 20th Battalions and the 25th Battalion since 1935.
In 1939 it is incorporated in the 3rd "Principe Amedeo Duca d'Aosta" Division with whom it participated in the Second World War. After coming back from the Russian front, it was deployed in Emilia where it was dissolved after the armistice on 8th September.
Reconstituted on 1st July 1946, the 3rd Bersaglieri Regiment incorporated also the "Goito" Battalion that participated in the War of Liberation. In spite of its dissolution on 20th October 1975, the 18th Battalion remained as 18th "Poggio Scanno" Bersaglieri Battalion for the 3rd "Goito" Mechanized Brigade of the "Centauro" Armoured Division. On 29th August 1991 the Regiment was reconstituted as 3rd "Goito" Bersaglieri Regiment that since 1st August 1992 assumed the current denomination.
On 25th November 2009 it was moved to Milan at the Firing Range of Capo Teulada where it absorbed the battalion of the 1st Armoured Regiment.