"Per aspera et devia ad metam"
The 10th Transports Regiment was constituted on 1st March 2001 after the reconfiguration of the 10th "Appia" Support Logistic Regiment, inheriting its War Flag and traditions.
The Regiment was located in Bari, in the "Briscese" barracks in memory of the Golden Medal Major Corporal Donato Briscese who fell heroically on 20th February 1942 on the Russian front.
The 10th "Appia" Support Logistic Regiment originated from the 8th Automobile Centre of the 10th "Appia" Transports Battalion. By decree of 13th July 1987 the new Unit received the War Flag.
On 1st July 1996 the 10th Logistic Regiment of "Appia" Military Region was constituted by transformation of the 10th "Appia" Transports Battalion, inheriting its Flag and traditions.
The 10th "Appia" Support Logistic Regiment was constituted on 1st July 1998 by transformation of the 10th RE.LO.RE and on 1st October 1998 it was moved from Naples, "Marselli" Barracks, to the current location in Bari.
On 1st February 2001 the Regiment assumed at its dependencies the "Pinerolo" Logistic Battalion of the "Pinerolo" armoured Brigade.
On 1st March 2001 the Regiment was reorganized in 10th Transports Regiment and assumed the current organization.
After the reorganization of the Commands, the Regiment passed at the dependencies of the Projection Logistic Command.