"Peritus et audax"
On 1st March 1928 the 11th Engineer Regiment was constituted with a sappers-miners battalion, a telegraphists battalion and three dovecotes.
At the beginning of the Second World War, the Regiment became a mobilization centre and, through the deposit, it formed several units of different specialties (among which the 3rd "Julia" mixed Battalion); it was dissolved in September 1943 in Udine.
On 1st November 1975 the 132nd "Livenza" Pioneers Engineer Battalion was constituted by transformation of the "Ariete" Pioneers Engineer Battalion that was formed on 1st July 1958, coming from the 132nd mixed Battalion of the "Ariete" Division that operated in Northern Africa until 25th November 1942; the 132nd received the Flag of the 11th Regiment and the traditions of the 132nd Battalion.
On 1st August 1986 it became 132nd "Livenza" Sappers Engineer Battalion but on 1st April 1991 it returned to the Pioneers specialty. On 23rd June 1993 the Battalion was included in the 11th Pioneers Engineer Regiment at the dependencies of the new-formed Engineer Group.
Renamed "Sappers", during 2001 it left the historical headquarters in Motta di Livenza (TV) and it was assigned to the "Pinerolo" Brigade, located in Foggia.