"Nell'antico valor la nostra guida"
On 1st November 1888 the 24th Campaign Artillery Regiment was constituted with eight batteries given by the 12th Regiment. It participated in the First World War, organized in three groups, fighting on Monte Sei Busi, Castelnuovo del Carso, Monte Cimone, Castagnevizza, Piave and Vittorio Veneto. In 1916 it sent a group to Albania and in 1918 it participated in the operations in Tripolitania. In January 1935 it was named 24th "Peloritana" Artillery Regiment and sent to Eastern Africa, to the Somali front in Neghelli and Ogaden.
In April 1939 it became 24th "Piemonte" Artillery Regiment and included in the homonym Infantry Division, with whom it participated in the Second World War, on the Greek-Albanian front and in Greece. It was dissolved on 8th September 1943 in Peloponneso.
On 1st March 1951 the 24th Campaign Artillery Regiment was reconstituted for the "Aosta" Infantry Division. After ten years the Regiment was dissolved, on 21st February 1961. The "Aosta" Campaign Artillery Group still remained and on 1st October 1975 it was named 24th "Peloritani" Campaign Artillery Group, receiving the Flag and the traditions of the 24th Regiment.
On 16th October 1992 the Group was included in the reconstituted 24th "Peloritani" Self-propelled Campaign Artillery Regiment, in Messina, that later took the current name.