"Forte e tenace"
The history of this Unit is related to that of the units belonging to the 104th “Mantova” Infantry Division, constituted on 15th March 1942 and that fought during the Second World War, but also the units of the “Mantova” Combat Group that operated between September 1944 and the end of the conflict. Those units remained part of the great unit that on 15th October 1945 was renamed “Mantova” Infantry Division.
On 1st November 1956 the “Mantova” Services Unit Command with a medical department, a support department, a mobile fleet, a mobile repair garage, the 9th Field Hospital. On 1st January 1962 the Refuelling, Repairing and Recovery Unit was formed from the merger of the fleet and the mobile repair garage and the contribution of regiment light repair garages. On 1st January 1972 the Services Unit Command changed into “Mantova” Services Group Command including the “Mantova” Refuelling, Repairing and Recovery Unit, the Medical Battalion, the “Mantova” Vehicle Unit and the “Mantova” Support Company.
After the reorganization of the Army, on 1st August 1976 the “Mantova” Logistic Battalion was created in Udine as support unit to the “Mantova” Mechanized Division; it was constituted by a command, a platoon command, a refuelling and transports company, a medium repair garage and a fleet. By decree of 11th November 1976 it received the War Flag. After the reorganization of the logistic component of the Army, on 10th December 1980 it changed into “Mantova” Maneuvre Logistic Battalion including a command, a command and services company, a refuelling company, a maintenance company, a medium transports company and a mixed transports company. On 1st November 1986 it was named 8th “Carso” Maneuvre Logistic Battalion and passed at the dependencies of the Supports Unit Command of the 5th Army Corps.
On 5th September 1994 it was included by the 8th “Carso” Maneuvre Logistic Regiment constituted in Orzano di Remanzacco (UD).
Organized in a command, a command and services company, a logistic battalion, on 1st January 1998 the Regiment was included in the Logistic Support Command of the Land Operational Forces.
On 31st January 2000 the 52nd Medical Unit was dissolved and on 7th May 2001 the Regiment passed at the dependencies of the Projection Logistic Brigade.
After the reorganization of the Army logistic component, on 27th July 2001 it became 8th Transports Regiment including a command, a command and logistic support company, a transports battalion (three transport companies, maintenance company, traffic control company) and a Transit Management Battalion (on two companies).
On 24th September 2010 the Regiment passed at the dependencies of the Projection Logistic Command.
After the suppression of the Projection Logistic Command, on 13th September 2013 the Regiment passed at the dependencies of the 132nd “Ariete” Armoured Brigade.
After the reorganization of the Army, on 1st July 2015 the 8th Transport Regiment passed at the dependencies of the “Pozzuolo del Friuli” Brigade and changed its name into “Pozzuolo del Friuli” Logistic Regiment.