"In hostem celerrime volant"
The horseback batteries were constituted on 8th April 1831 in Venaria Reale aiming to give a rapid support to the cavalry units, participating in the campaigns for the independence. On 1st November 1887 the Horseback Artillery Regiment was constituted with the two Brigades of horseback batteries that were formed in 1883 and the 3rd Brigade (formed in 1887). It participated in the First World War.
On 1st October 1934 it was dissolved to constitute the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rapid Artillery Regiments.
The 1st Rapid Artillery Regiment, arrived in Libya in February 1941 with two motorized groups, was dissolved on 27th November 1942 after valorous operations with the infantry. The 2nd Rapid Artillery Regiment, arrived in Tripoli on 14th January 1941 with two motorized groups, was defeated after one year of battles. The 3rd Rapid Artillery Regiment, arrived in Tripoli in February 1941 with two motorized groups, capitulated between 24th October and 4th November 1942.
The Horseback Artillery Regiment, reconstituted in July 1941 with the horseback groups of the rapid artillery regiments, was sent to the Russian front with the 201st Motorized Artillery Regiment to support soldiers, Savoy cavalrymen and "Novara" lancers of the 3rd Rapid Division.
The Horseback Artillery Regiment, reconstituted in Milan on 20th November 1946, still had the decoration, the cannons, the criss-crossed sabers and the Chepì. On 1st December 1997, according to the reorganization of the Army, the Regiment was included in the Group and later Artillery Brigade that it left in 2005 for the "Pozzuolo del Friuli" Cavalry Brigade.