The only Cavalry Brigade of our Army, it is equipped by wheeled vehicles of "Centauro" and "Puma".
It was formed in 1835 and it participated in the three war of Independence and in the Second World War; in 1937 it was dissolved. It was started up again in 1957 and after two years it assumed its present name.
Composed by Volunteers, it is a component of the NATO Rapid Deployable Corps of Italy.
Deployed in Friuli Venezia Giulia and Veneto, the Brigade is composed of a Command Unit, three Cavalry Regiments, a Marines Regiment, an Artillery Regiment and an Engineer Regiment.