"Come folgore dal cielo...come nembo di tempesta"
The first parachuting school was instituted on 20th March 1938 in Libya, at "Castel Benito" Airport of Tripoli, where two Libyan paratrooper battalions and one national battalion would be constituted. In July 1940 it was moved to Barce, in Cirenaica, where it was dissolved after conflicts.
On 15th October 1939 the Paratroopers School of the Royal Air Force was constituted in Tarquinia (VT), Lazio. There 1st Paratroopers Carabinieri Battalion, the regiments of the "Folgore" and "Nembo" Divisions were formed; the Assault Infantrymen of the 10th Regiment, the Paratroopers Swimmers of "San Marco" Regiment of the Royal Navy and the Assault Infantrymen of the Royal Air Force were patented as paratroopers. On 10th November 1942 another School was founded in Viterbo contributing to constitute the "Nembo" units and some battalions of the 3rd "Ciclone" Italian Paratroopers Division. The activity of the School ended with the armistice of 8th September 1943.
On 1st January 1947 a Parachuting Centre was constituted in Rome and changed into a Parachuting Military Centre in 1949; on 13th March 1950 its headquarter was moved to Viterbo. The development of the units led up to the transfer of the Centre to Pisa on 15th June 1957. On 1st January 1963 the Centre became firstly Paratroopers Brigade and later, in December, Paratroopers Training Centre; on 1st April 1964 it became Paratroopers Military School, at the dependencies of the Infantry Inspectorate.
On 1st January 1983 the School was again at the dependencies of the "Folgore" Paratroopers Brigade and since 1991 it has participated in the "Airone" Operation in northern Iraq, the "Ibis" and "Ibis 2" in Somalia, the "Sicilian Vespers" in Palermo as well as the operations in Bosnia and Albania. It has also carried out air-launches of materials in Antarctic in favour of the ENEA.