"Diam l'ali alla vittoria"
The Unit was constituted on 1st September 1941 and, become 185th "Folgore" Infantry Division, fought in Northern Africa from August to November 1942, until the glorious epopee of El-Alamein.
On the framework of the reorganization of the Army, on 1st October 1975 the "Folgore" Paratroopers Logistic Battalion was formed in Pisa. By decree of 12th November 1976 the Unit in support to the homonym Brigade received the War Flag.
From 12th October 1982 to 26th February 1984 the Battalion participated in the "Lebanon 2" mission with personnel included in the Italian Contingent (ITALCON) of the Peace Multinational Force in Lebanon. In May 1991 the Battalion constituted the Logistic Support Unit for the Italian Contingent (ITALFOR-AIRONE) that had to operate in northern Iraq to rescue the Kurdish populations, on the framework of the "Airone 1" humanitarian mission. Arrived to Zakho, it was named "Folgore" Logistic Support Unit. In July of the same year it came back to the homeland.
From 27th June to 13th November 1992 the Battalion was employed in the "Sicilian Vespers" Operation for the control of the territory in the area of Palermo. From December 1992 to 28th October 1993 the Battalion participated in the "Ibis" Operation in Somalia deploying a Logistic Centre in Balad (north-west of Mogadiscio), supporting the Italian Contingent; il also constituted a medical point to help the local population. The Paratroopers Giovanni Strambelli, in service at the Battalion, received the Golden Medal to the Military Valour of the Army after his death. In June 1996 the Battlion sent the Logistic Centre in Bosnia-Herzegovina, substituting that one of the "Garibaldi" Brigade that came back to Italy in March 1997. It was in Bosnia again from October 1998 to April 1999. From October 1999 to February 2000 it participated in the "Interfet" Operation in East Timor. From November 2000 to March 2001 it participated in the KFOR Operation in Kosovo.
On 1st September 2001 it passed at the dependencies of the Projection Logistic Brigade becoming 6th Maneuvre Regiment and maintaining the Flag and the traditions of the preexistent unit. Since 24th September 2010 it has passed at the dependencies of the Projection Logistic Command.
The Regiment is constituted by a command, a logistic support and command company, a maintenance battalion, a refueling battalion, a medical unit located in Novara.
The 6th Maneuvre Regiment participated in the following operations abroad:
- from December 2001 to May 2002, “ISAF” Operation in Afghanistan;
- from April to September 2002, “KFOR” Operation in Albania;
- from December 2002 to June 2003, “JOINT FORGE” Operation in Bosnia;
- from January to May 2003, “NIBBIO” Operation in Afghanistan;
- from June to October 2003, “ANTICA BABILONIA 1” Operation in Iraq;
- from October 2003 to March 2004, "ANTICA BABILONIA 2” Operation in Iraq;
- from August 2004 to February 2005, “JOINT GUARDIAN” Operation in Kosovo;
- from December 2004 to May 2005, “JOIN FORGE” Operation in Bosnia;
- from April to August 2005, “ANTICA BABILONIA 7” Operation in Iraq;
- from August 2005 to February 2006, "JOINT ENTERPRISE” Operation in Kosovo;
- from February 2008 to August 2008, “LEONTE” Operation in Lebanon;
- from April 2009 to November 2009, “ISAF” Operation in Afghanistan;
- from February 2010 to August 2010, "JOINT ENTERPRISE” Operation in Kosovo.