"Forte e tenace"
The 8th Transports Regiment originated from the Logistic Units of the 104th "Mantova" Division constituted in 1942, that in March 1943 were represented by the 104th Medical Unit, by the 144th , 247th, 248th and 501st field Hospitals, by the 73rd Bakers Squadron and by the 146th Heavy Auto-section.
The units participated in all the events of the Division; in the War of Liberation of 1945 it became "Mantova" Compat Group.
Reorganized in the postwar, in December 1956 the Division formed the Services Unit Command with the divisional Logistic Units at its dependencies. Later in September 1961 the RRR Unit was constituted including Park and Mobile Workshop, while the Transports Unit was changed into Divisional Auto-Unit.
On 1st January 1972 the Services Unit Command became "Mantova" Services Group Command; later the Medical Section became Medical Battalion and the Subsistence Section became a Subsistence Company.
On 1st April 1976 the "Mantova" Logistic Battalion was formed in Udine as Support Unit of the "Mantova" Mechanized Division.
On 1st October 1986, dissolved the Divisional Commands, the Battalion passed at the dependencies of the 5th Army Corps Support Unit Command with the name of 8th "Carso" Maneuvre Logistic Battalion.
On 5th September 1994 it became 8th "Carso" Maneuvre Logistic Regiment and on 1st January 1998 it passed at the dependencies of the Logistic Support Command of the Land Operational Forces.
Since 1st February 2001 it depends on the Projection Logistic Command Brigade, located in Treviso, and on 27th July 2002 it was named 8th Transports Regiment.