"Fulmineo e Possente"
On 1st February 1939 the 132nd "Ariete" Artillery Regiment was constituted for the 132nd "Ariete" Armoured Division; allocated in Northern Africa, it participated in the Second World War before being dissolved on 21st November 1942, after the battle of El-Alamein where its artillerymen earned the maximum recognition to the military valour for the Flag.
Reconstituted on 15th May 1949 as 132nd Armoured Artillery Regiment and assigned to the reconstituted "Ariete", it was dissolved on 31st December 1975 after the reorganization of the Army.
The 4th Group was transformed into 132nd "Rovereto" Self-propelled Heavy Artillery Group receiving the regimental traditions and by decree of 12th November 1976 it received the War Flag.
Substituted the M109G by the new FH70, in March 1981 it became 132nd "Rovereto" Heavy Artillery Group supporting the "Ariete" Armoured Division. After the dissolution of the division command, it was assigned to the Artillery Command of the 5th Army Corps (1986) before passing at the dependencies of the 5th Artillery Regiment in 1991, the regiment that would be dissolved on 31st March 1993 along with the 132nd.
In the same year, on 9th October, the 132nd "Ariete" Self-propelled Artillery Regiment was reconstituted with personnel and M109L vehicles of the dissolved 19th "Rialto" Self-propelled Artillery Group; it was assigned to the "Ariete" Armoured Brigade. In 2000 it assumed the current name.