On 16th September 1883 the 11th Bersaglieri Regiment was constituted. Until 11th February 1916 it was employed in infantry divisions; later it was included in the 2nd Bersaglieri Brigade with the 9th Regiment and then, since 6th November 1916, with the 7th Regiment.
Since 10th May 1923 it became a cyclists regiment, until 1936. Since 1st February 1938 the 11th Bersaglieri was included in the 1st "Eugenio of Savoy" Rapid Division with the "Royal Piedmont" and "Saluzzo Light Cavalrymen" Cavalry Regiments, the 1st Rapid Artillery Regiment and the 1st "San Giusto" Light Tanks Group. With that big unit it participated in the Second World War. The 11th Bersaglieri Regiment was dissolved on 8th September 1943 after the armistice, on Yugoslavian territory (Dalmatia).
After the reorganization of the Army on 1st November 1975, the 27th "Jamiano" Bersaglieri Battalion was constituted in Aviano by transformation of the 38th Bersaglieri Battalion that was part of the dissolved 132nd Tanks Regiment. Assigned to the 132nd "Manin" Armoured Brigade, it received the Flag and the valourous traditions of the 11th Bersaglieri Regiment.
On the framework of the reorganization of the Army, the Battalion lost its independency on 29th September 1992 when it was included in the 11th Bersaglieri Regiment, reconstituted in Aviano (PN); later it was moved in the current location of Orcenico Superiore.
On 18th April 1997 the 27th Battalion was substituted by the 11th Bersaglieri Battalion that has been wearing the red tie as traditional sign of belonging to the dissolved 182nd "Garibaldi" Armoured Infantry Regiment.