The NATO Rapid Deployable Corps – Italy (NRDC - ITA) is a multinational Command located in Solbiate Olona, Varese. Italy provides 70% of personnel: Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers, Soldiers and Troop; the remaining 30% is composed of military people from other Nations.
The 400 military people come from Italy, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and United Stated. Albania and Croatia have expressed their willingness to join it.
The multinational aspect is the key factor that permits the NRDC – ITA to operate successfully.
The Command can intervene in crisis areas, according to the North Atlantic Council (NAC).
Since 1st October 2016 NRDC-ITA directly depends on the Chief of General Staff of the Army.