On the framework of a reorganization of the Army in the second postwar, the School was constituted by a measure of the General Staff of the Army on 1st August 1948 as Administrative Experiences and Training Centre.
The School has been reorganized several times and assumed different names such as "Administrative Experiences School and Centre" on 15th April 1950, "Academy for the Administrative and Supply Services" on 1st June 1951, "School of Supply and Administrative Services" on 1st October 1955, "Military School of Supply and Administration" on 15th June 1973, until the current "Administrative and Supply School" since 1st January 1998.
The Institute has got two buildings: the M.A.V.M. Supply First Lieutenant Barracks in memory of Giacomo Rispoli, headquarters of a military hospital, where there are the School Command and some training structures for the attenders of the courses; the M.A.V.M. Supply First Lieutenant Barracks in memory of Mauro Magrone, headquarters of a military establishment for the production of animal feed, where there are other training and logistic structures of the School.
The School is at the dependencies of the Training Specialization and Doctrine Command.