"Con tenacia e con valore"
It was constituted on 1st October 1957 as 44th Signals Battalion on three companies, at the dependencies of the 8th Territorial Military Command.
With the reorganization of the Army on 1st December 1975, it was named 44th "Penne" Signals Battalion; by Decree of 12th November 1976 it received the War Flag.
In Rome, moved from the "Bianchi" Barracks to the "Cecchignola" Military Compound, on 20th November 1993 the Battalion is included in the new 44th Signals Regiment.
After a new change in terms of tasks, on 1st December 1998 the reorganized unit became 44th TLC Support Regiment.