The Library is located in the Army Palace in Rome (123/A, XX September Street). Its opening hours are:
- from Monday to Thursday, from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.;
- on Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m.;
- it is closed on Saturday and holidays, in August and from 23rd December to 6th January;
- extraordinary closings are possible in case of conventions, visits or ceremonies); for that reason it is recommended to call in advance (06 47358557/8) or write an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm or have some information.
- It is possible to enter using a pass issued at the entrance.
The Central Military Library collects and preserves historical, military, political, sociological and scientific books and magazines (about 120 000 books and 1000 magazines). There is also an Ancient Fund composed of about 1200 books, including "Cinquecentine" and editions dating back to the 17th and 18th century. The library continuously enriches with works donated or acquired by the best national editorial production. The current complex of cultural heritage is at the basis of the prestige of the Institute among researchers and historian scholars. For that reason the library has got a wide audience. The assistance to the users is guaranteed by military personnel that welcomes visitors, orienting them in the consultation and explaining how to use the catalogues for the book research.