It originated from the 3rd mixed Company for the Alpine Division, constituted on 19th November 1935 in Udine. In 1939, before the outbreak of the 2nd World War, the Company was included in the 3rd "Julia" Alpine Division characterized by the green tassel with a black oval in the centre of the alpine hat.
On 27th October 1940 (when the 3rd "Julia" Division received the order to leave for the Greek front) the 3rd Mixed Company was changed into 3rd mixed Engineer Battalion. In August 1942 the 3rd Battalion left for the Russian front to fight together with the Alpine Troopers. When the hostilities ended, the 3rd Battalion was dissolved.
On 1st May 1950 the Platoon Command of the "Julia" Alpine Brigade was constituted. On 1st January 1958 the "Julia" Headquarters substituted the Platoon Command. On 1st January 1964, after the reorganization of the Brigade, the Signals Company was constituted. On 1st October 1975 the Headquarters was dissolved as well as the Signals Company and the Command and Signals Unit was constituted.
Since 1992 it was named Command and Tactical Supports Unit and it included the Command and Services Company, the Signals Company and the "Julia" Sappers Engineer Company. When the 2nd Sappers Engineer Regiment was included in the Brigade components, the Engineer Company was dissolved.