"Dare and believe"
Constituted on 5th January 1934 in Aosta, the Alpinism Military School was founded for the tactical and technical training of the Alpine Troops. The School had numerous courses for the personnel as well as relations with the sports world.
On 16th January 1936 the "Duca degli Abruzzi" Alpine Battalion was formed to give the School a suitable support. During the Second World War the School trained the personnel of the "Monte Cervino" and "Monte Rosa" Battalions. It was dissolved on 8th September 1943 after the armistice.
Reconstituted on 1st July 1948 with the name of Alpine Military School, it held again the lead of the training of Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers of the Alpine Troops.
In 1973 the School provided a valid contribution to the Italian expedition to Everest and to Antarctica; it also sent its athletes to the most important sports competitions.
It continued as Alpine Training Centre to organize training courses of ski rock and mountain fighting, peculiar of the Alpine Troops.