Its Flag was granted by decree of 30th June 1998 and was awarded with a Silver Medal to the Army Valour; it is guarded at the Signals School in Rome Cecchignola.
Silver Medal to the Army Valour
Decree of 18th May 1977
Since its constitution in 1953, the Signals Corps has always operated with generosity and admirable spirit of service in difficult interventions for the realization or the restoring of communication systems in Homeland but also abroad. Its contribution has always been admirable and important for the command and control activity, with particular reference to rescue operations during natural disasters (Vajont, Sicily, Friuli, Tuscany, Campania and Basilicata), peacekeeping operations (Lebanon, Namibia, Kurdistan, Albania, Somalia and Mozambique) and operations for the territory control ("Forza Paris" – "Sicilian Vespers"). The high professional qualities and spirit of sacrifice of the personnel, the characteristics of technological modernity of the vehicles and the operational readiness of its units have contributed to the efficiency of the operational interventions, and also to the distinction of the Italian Army.