The Flag of the Artillery Corps was granted by Royal Decree on 23rd December 1900. It was firstly held by the 3rd Fortress Regiment and then by the 13th "Grenadiers of Sardinia" Campaign Artillery Regiment. In 1936 the Flag was entrusted to the Corps Inspectorate.
On 25th October 1947, after the institutional reform, the new flag without the symbol of the Savoy Family was given to the Artillery School in Bracciano. Among the Medals to the Military Valour that decorate the Flag, there is the Gold Medal for the 185th "Folgore" Paratroopers Artillery Regiment.
The Banner, worn out by time, was substituted on 15th June 1986 in occasion of the anniversary of the Solstizio Battle and the celebration of the Artillery Corps.
The Flag is awarded with the following decorations:
Military Order of Italy
Decree of 27th January 1937
In Africa it has contributed to the victory thanks to its tenacity, expertise and valour. With the heroic infantry legions it has marched on the path of the victory towards the glory of the Imperial Italy (Italo-Ethiopian war, 3rd October 1935 – 5th May 1936).
Gold Medal to the Military Valour
Decree of 31st
For the good conduct that the Artillery has always had (campaign of 1849).Gold Medal to the Military Valour
Decree of 19th
For having been intrepid, for its expertise and energy shown in the war campaign in Libya (1911-1912). Gold Medal to the Military Valour
Decree of 5th June 1920
It has always shown its valour and expertise supporting the Infantry in the troubled path of victory for the greatness of its Nation (War 1915-1918).Silver Medal to the Military Valour
Decree of 16th
For its services during the campaign in 1859.
Bronze Medal to the Military Valour
Decree of 7th June 1848
To all Artillery for its bravery in fighting. Goito, 30th May 1848.