​​​​​​​​ ​​

​​​The general structure of the Army, provided for since 1873 in front line, 2nd line and 3rd​ line, was actualized in 1910 by the establishment of moving Militia nucleus (2nd line) for each Deposit in infantry, cavalry, field artillery regiments and an Alpine battalion.

The establishment of those nucleus occurred in several phases and, at the eve of the First World War, the Italian Army has already had a substantial number of second line units: 52 infantry regiments, 11 Bersaglieri battalions, 38 Alpine companies, 23 cavalry squadrons, 13 field artillery regiments.

The 52 infantry regiments, from 111 to 162, constituted the following 26 Brigades:
Piacenza: 111 and 112 regiments.
Mantova: 1130 and 114 regiments.
Treviso: 115 and 116 regiments.
Padova: 117 and 118 regiments.
Emilia: 119 and 120 regiments.
Macerata: 121 and 122 regiments.
Chieti: 123 and 124 regiments.
Spezia: 125 and 126 regiments.
Firenze: 127 and 128 regiments.
Perugia: 129 and 130 regiments.
Lazio: 131 and 132 regiments.
Benevento: 133 and 134 regiments.
Campania: 135 and 136 regiments.
Barletta: 137 and 138 regiments.
Bari: 139 and 140 regiments.
Catanzaro: 141 and 142 regiments.
Taranto: 143 and 150 regiments.
Catania: 145 and 146 regiments.
Caltanissetta: 147 and 148 regiments.
Trapani: 149 and 144 regiments.
Sassari: 151 and 152 regiments.
Novara: 153 and 154 regiments.
Alessandria: 155 and 156 regiments.
Liguria: 157 and 158 regiments.
Milano: 159 and 160 regiments.
Ivrea: 161 and 162 regiments.

The following territorial Militia units (3​rd​ line): 8 Alpine regiments with 27 “Valley” battalions, 198 infantry battalions and 9 engineer battalions.
In brief, what General Spingardi and General Pollio carried out was a milestone in the history of the Italian Army that could face the proof in an efficient way.